Terms & Conditions
- My hourly rate is currently set at €20 per hour or €200 per day (plus expenses) for in house work. Price-per-project may be agreed in advance. Typical prices are:
€400 one page site like a “coming soon” page or simple trade site.
€1500 for multipage, WordPress based site
€2500 e-commerce site
- It is expected that copy and graphics are provided though I can create or modify a certain level if required.
- All prices include the first years hosting costs. After that, €250/year. Larger sites or sites with more traffic will have increased costs. Regular maintenance is included in the €250/year cost but work considered outside of normal maintenance will be billed extra at the end of each calendar month.
- A small discount may be provided for upfront payment of hosting of more than one year.
- Per-project pricing can be arranged but will be subject to strict items or services that will be included with extra time spent being charged by the hour or by prior agreement.
- A deposit of 50% is normally required before work commences. This is paid after an estimate is provided if one was requested. For repeat and trusted clients this figure will likely be reduced.
- Estimates are subject to change if the scope of the project changes or if the estimate was provided without knowledge of the full extent of the project.
- Other payment schedules can be arranged on an individual basis subject to agreement by both parties.
- All small sums (€300 and under) are to be paid in advance.
- Expenses (eg travel and certain administrative costs), and meeting time may be itemized and charged for by the hour. Admin (eg phone and email time related to the project) may also be charged if considered by me to be excessive of normal requirements.
- Any costs other than time (eg stock media, travel, subcontractor costs) are extra unless otherwise agreed and will be itemised on an invoice. . Receipts, timesheets, etc can be provided if requested.
- The client (you) bears any and all responsibility that any text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork that are provided for inclusion in the web site are either owned by the client or the client has permission to use them for the purpose intended.
- All payment is to be paid via bank transfer or paypal unless otherwise agreed.
- As a freelancer, I do not currently charge VAT.
- Payment is due on receipt of invoice. Late payments (30 days after invoicing) may be considered actionable and are subject to 10% interest accrued each month.
- I retain the right to publish extracts of my work for the purposes of self-promotion (eg. in my portfolio), unless specifically prohibited by a signed non-disclosure agreement. I also retain the right to insert a link to my website in the footer (or other suitable position) of any website I create.
- A contract will generally be signed before work is undertaken. When not working under a specific contract, these terms and conditions apply to all work by default. Special conditions of contract may supercede these terms and conditions only by mutual agreement of both parties.
- These terms can be updated at any time to correct errors, rephrase things, or add in conditions.